"Recognizing and embracing diversity in our abilities is central to understanding our common shared human experience."
Thomas Golden, Associate Director
The mission of the Yang-Tan Institute on Employment and Disability advances knowledge, policies and practice to enhance equal opportunities for all people with disabilities.
"We help make possible the full participation of people with disabilities in the workplace, the community, and society."
Susanne M. Bruyère
The Yang-Tan Institute advances equal opportunity for people with disabilities in partnership with federal and state government and philanthropic organizations.
OUR AREAS OF FOCUS
The Yang-Tan Institute focuses on inclusive workplaces, education, work, income, healthy living, community membership, and engaged learning.
Engaging with employers to advance equal opportunity and inclusive workplaces for people with disabilities.
Enhancing meaningful participation of individuals with disabilities in the existing labor market or other entrepreneurial ventures.
- Career Transitions: A Mentoring Program for Veterans with Disabilities
- Career Link Mentoring project with USBLN and Mitsubishi Foundation
- New York State Consortium for Advancement of Supported Employment (NYS CASE)
- Diversity Partners Employment DRRP
- Study of Community Based Rehabilitation Models in Karnata State, India
- Outpatient Recovery Services
- Strategies for Gaining Insights into the Employment Challenges of Veterans with Disabilities (Woodruff Foundation)
Progressing economic well-being and pathways out of poverty through financial and entitlements literacy.
Supporting quality of life across the life span, through work/life balance, health and well-being.
- An Investigation of Trends in Charges Filed Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Fits In: An Inclusive Fitness and Wellness Technical Assistance and Evaluation Program
- Keeping People with Disabilities in the Workforce: Negotiating Work, Life and Disability – Field Initiated Research Project
Improving inclusive education and successful adult living, learning and earning outcomes for youth with disabilities.
Using innovations and coursework to support pre- and post-service learning in authentic environments both domestically and globally.
The Yang-Tan Institute offers online courses on disability and employment support practices critical to supporting people with disabilities in the workplace.
"Online learning provides an affordable, convenient, and learner-friendly environment for today's busy professional."
August 29, 2016
ONLINE TRAINING | 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
September 8, 2016
ONLINE TRAINING | 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
T3.C2 Program Evaluation and Using Data to Influence Performance
September 9, 2016
ONLINE TRAINING | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Transition Specialist September Hangout
September 12, 2016
ONLINE TRAINING | 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
State of the Science Conference: Abstract and Executive Summary,
Susanne M. Bruyere, Sarah von Schrader, Sara VanLooy, and Linda Barrington
Research Brief: Disability Inclusive Recruitment and Hiring Practices and Policies: Who Has Them and What Difference Does it Really Make?,
Research Brief: Total Compensation Gaps are Distinct from Wage Gaps,
Kevin Hallock, Linda Barrington, Xin Jin, and Melissa J. Bjelland
Research Brief: The Role of Tasks and Skills in Explaining the Disability Pay Gap,
Kevin Hallock, Melissa J. Bjelland, Xin Jin, and Linda Barrington
Research Brief: Job-Mobility for People with Disabilities: Impact of Employer-Paid Health Insurance,
Arun Karpur, Melissa J. Bjelland, and Zafar Nazarov
Research Brief: Employer Practices and the Employment of People with Disabilities: Scoping the Literature,
Arun Karpur and Sara VanLooy