T4.C2 Working with Students and Youth: Authentic Engagement
This full-day course will focus on understanding the nuances of working with youthful job seekers. Expanding our services requires a new set of skills, resources, methods, and tools. As you plan to broaden your constituency to include youth, authentic engagement is a must!
Individuals participating in this course will learn:
- How to identify methods to create authentic partnerships with youth.
- Key concepts of youth development and Generation X nuances.
- The guideposts of effective youth services, focusing on vocational and career development.
- To create opportunities for youth to be fully engaged and included in their community and workplace.
- The role of family, peers, and support-team members in youth employment services.
Individuals participating in this course will be able to:
- Articulate the shift in practices necessary to move from the adult services model to a youth services focus.
- Recognize opportunities to apply new skills such as Trauma Informed Practices and Motivational Interviewing.
- Partner with youth to identify and develop skills for competitive integrated employment options.
- Identify resources to design youth employment services that engage natural and peer mentors.
- Create an environment where youth/adult partnerships are present.
May 27, 2020
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
New York, NY